- Focusing on new financial Instruments and project funds are the strong government intentions for next year. “Capital raising and financing for the oil, industrial and construction projects are the main programs of governments in capital markets for next year”, Mohammadi, the economic director of Economic & Finance Ministry said. He also added that the government is also emphasizing on increasing the commodities and their range in the Commodities and Energy exchanges for next year. Based on his statements setting tax exemption for market makers from 2016 is on the agenda.
- In the metal sector, among 19 companies only 7 predicted the rise in their return compared with current year. At the top is Kashan Amirkabir Steel Co. with 23 percent increase in sale and 108 percent increase in its net income. The company predicted to reach 905 IRR EPS in FY2015 with 111 percent improvement compared with current year. Mobarekh Steel CO. with the highest market cap in the group, forecasted 23% profit margin with 11 percent decline in its EPS compared with current year. With regard to the market cap, the second place belongs to National Iranian Copper Industries Co. , which predicted 5 percent decline in its next year return. However, National Iranian Lead & Zinc Co. which is a losing company forecasted 8 percent increase in its next year sale and decreased the total loss 137 percent compare with current year.
- The fixed income mutual funds are permitted to invest in equity or blended mutual funds, the last directive of SEO’s financial instrument affairs department indicated. From the issue date of this directive, with no special procedures, the fixed income funds can purchase the units of equity or blended mutual funds if the both fund managers are not the same legal entity. For Investing in such units all the related curricula must be met as investing in stokes.
- The impact of economic interactions in the USA and the Dollar’s rally against Euro on Iran’ markets will be most on the commodity prices. 70 percent of companies’ performances in Iran depend on the price of commodities. Euro depreciation will impact on the companies with imports from Euro region. Electronics and pharmaceutical sectors are the main importers from Euro. The companies with Euro assets will also feel the negative impact in their balance sheets. Currently the market does not pay attention to this matter. However, by continuing the depreciation of Euro, the attentions are expected to turn to this issue.
- Iran Customs released statistics report in which demonstrated UAE and China as the main importers during the past 11 months of the year ending 20 Mar 2015. Regarding the export, the most traded goods belong to Gas Condensate and petrochemical products such as Propane, Butane, and Methanol with share of 29.53 and 28.39 respectively. Based on this report, during the past 11 months the value of exports has increased by 22.05 percent, while the value of imports recorded only 12.3 percent growth during this period.
- Although due to current market recession the profit margin for the major national sectors is predicted 20 percent, this number is considered doubled in Petrochemical financial reports. The gross profit margin is forecasted 40 to 45 percent for petrochemical companies which have allocated 30 percent of market transactions. For instance, despite the reduction in global Methanol prices and decline in export earning, the Zagros Petrochemical Co. predicated 45 % for its profit margin. However, the feed rate is still a mystery in petrochemical next year budgets.
The market rallied today on a flurry of good news. Based on unofficial statements of one the SEO’s directors (Security and Exchange Organization of Iran), an ETF will be established soon which its unit holders have an option to sell 30 percent higher than initial price within one year maturity. If the NAV improves more than 30%, the units can be sold at market price. That means the fund will guarantee at least 30 percent interest for a year which is higher than deposit interest rates of all the banks. It is also mentioned that all the legal market entities can offer and underwrite these kinds of funds and the first one will be offered by the Market Development Fund. However, no more details have been officially approved by the SEO until now.
- Based on the Iranian Tile & Ceramic Assembly’ report, Iran is the fourth producer and the fifth exporter of tile and ceramic in the world. With almost 700 million square meters capacity, Iran produces 450 Million square meters different kinds of tile and ceramics annually. Lack of essential infrastructure for export transportations and not paying attention to design and beauty of products, are indicated as the main problems of this sector.
- Although most of the listed petrochemical companies released their next year budgets with considering 8 cent ( 228 IRR) for the rate of their feeds, the parliament and the governments still have not approved this number. This factor has escalated capital market waiting condition. However, most of the active market players believe that the approved rate will be less than 10 cent and even if the rate of feeds is accepted at 9 cent there will be not be many differences.
After enactment of two very important laws in Iran including Stock Exchange Act, 2005 and the Law for Development of New Financial Instruments and Institutions, 2009, Iranian legislator has taken an important step in development of Iran’s capital market and coordination of this market with pioneer financial markets.
Therefore, Iran’s capital market entered a new phase in which the legal context was provided for activity of new financial instruments after enactment of the two mentioned laws. One of the instruments which had been commissioned even before enactment of the Law for Development of New Financial Instruments and Institutions in Iran’s capital market was mutual funds so that the first mutual fund started working in July 2007 and stock funds started working in early 2008 besides fixed income funds. The first exchange traded fund (ETF) was commissioned in September 2013.
- Iran with 72 cement companies is one the major cement exporters in the world. With 110 percent growth during the last 10 years, the production in this sector has reached 70 million tons annually. In 2002, regarding an approved comprehensive plan, most of the cement companies started to launch new production lines and increased their production capacities by 2-3 times which led to high cost of depreciation and interest expenses for foreign loans in past few years. Moving toward free rates for cement prices was the goal of this comprehensive plan. However, the contrary previous government actions led the prices fall to less than one fifth. Currently this sector is dealing with 15 Million tons excess surplus due to rigid controlling in prices besides the current recessions in the construction sector. For supporting the cement sector, the Housing and Urban development Ministry has suggested using concrete cover instead of Asphalt in road projects. Currently the cement consumption is 720 kg per capita in Iran which is planned to reach 770 in case of positive growth rate.