- Almost 178 companies announced their next year forecasted EPS among which 106 had positive adjustments compared with current year (ending 20 Mar 2015). In the Petrochemical sector 14 companies had positive adjustments and only 4 companies forecasted less than current year’s return. In pharmaceutical sector 19 companies predicted more return and only one declined its return compared with current year. In construction sector, 8 companies had positive adjustments for their next year’s return and two companies reduced their forecasted profit. In banking sector 3 companies expected more return for next year and one company adjusted its return negatively. In automotive sector, 7 companies announced more EPS and 6 Companies announced less EPS than current year. With regard to the SEO’s report (the Security and Exchange Organization of Iran) total forecasted returns have been improved by 8 percent compared with last year report. In year 1393 (ending Mar 2015), the companies forecasted return was 568,000 IRR bn in total which had been 523,000 in previous year. Moreover, the price to earning ratio has reached 5 in current year which was 7.9 in 1392.
- One of the most important and effective forums for reviewing the current market issues was held at Ministry of Economy yesterday evening. the Economy, oil and industry ministers along with their deputies, heads of the central bank, National Tax Administration, Security & Exchange Organization, Vice President of Parliament, members of the Bourse Council and the majority of directors and board members of Brokerage firms and Investment Banks and market journalists attended in this 4 hour meeting. By supporting the capital market, the chief of the center bank emphasized on the need of companies long term financing forming the secondary market, making balance between the banking interest rates and the inflation. The economic minister also highlighted the problems of different sectors and government’s interference in pricing. Meanwhile the oil minister announced that his organization is ready to supply crude oil and oil products to support the bourse of Energy. At the end the active market members were thankful for more clarifications and practical supports. In this meeting two price-weighted and the value- weighted indexes were introduced for the TSE market which has to be operated since today.
- Consumer Price Index is announced 214.1 for the eleventh month of current Persian year (1393- ending 20 mar 2015) by the central bank of Iran which shows 8 percent increase compared with previous month. The CPI has increased 16.2 percent compared with same month last year. The inflation rate in 12 months period ending 20 Feb 2015 improved 15.8 percent compared with same period last year.
- The members of the parliament approved 25 percent royalties for extraction of Iron ore mines in the next year budget bill. With regard to this approval all the natural and legal persons with the operation license from Mines and Mineral Industries Development Organization of Iran and its subsidiaries but with no contract with mentioned companies, are required to pay 25 percent of their sale products to the general revenue account from state treasury.
- Iran Khodro Investment Development Co. announced 309 IRR as its first forecasted EPS for year ending 20 Mar 2016 with 58 percent decline compared with current year. With 1,500 IRR bn capital, the company has considered nothing for its investment profits in the next year budget. The operation profit has also been decreased by 58 percent compared with this year. The last forecasted EPS for this year was announced 739 IRR.
- Middle East Mines & Mineral Industrial Development Holding Co. (MIDHCO) released its next year budget and increased its EPS by 29 percent to 268 IRR for year ending 20 Mar 2015. The company’s investments return has been predicted to be improved by 32 percent due to estimating increase in subsidiaries’ return and reduction in production costs. The total forecasted income has decreased 54 percent compared with current year budget. This year forecasted EPS has been announced 739 IRR.
TSE at a glance
IFB at glance
Trading Halts & Delays
During the past few weeks the TSE overall index has had a neutral trend at 64-65 thousand level and it is being controlled by block trades whenever it tempted to fall below this level. Today the market had no excitement and as it was mentioned before the demand for sale is increasing by getting closer to the last weeks of this year. With regard to the TSE’s repot, in the month ended at 20 Feb 2015, the value and volume of trades declined by 25% and 8% respectively compared with previous month. The overall index had only been decreased by 1 percent compared with previous month.
DISCLAIMER: This report has been prepared and issued by Agah Brokerage Firm on the basis of publicly available information, internally developed data and other sources believed to be reliable. The information contained herein is not guaranteed, does not purport to be comprehensive and is strictly for information purposes only. Agah does not assume any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss that may result from the reliance by any person upon any such information or opinions. Any expressions of opinions are subject to change without notice.
To contact the reporters: Negar Moshirfatemi at firstname.lastname@example.org